In the heart of the historic market town of Helmsley, North Yorkshire, England you find this charming Victorian railway carriage that has been given new life as a lavish living space.
The 3rd-Class GNR Carriage operated locally around the turn of the 20th Century before it ended up in Louise & Richard‘s garden in the 1920’s! Over the years it has been a general store and various businesses including a painting & decorating workshop, wholesale greetings card warehouse, office for a national business and now, in its final incarnation it’s a 5 star B&B and self-catering centrally-heated holiday home.
The carriage that oozes of old world charm has been designed and refurbished by local craftsmen to the highest standards and now offers luxury accommodation and facilities for up to 4 people.
The main living area includes a luxurious Memory-Foam Double-Bed, which “hides away” during the day, comfortable lounge chairs, dining table with up to 4 chairs and a concealed “pop-up” HD TV/DVD within the dividing kitchen cabinet.The joinery-made kitchen includes electric hob, combination Microwave/Grill, Fridge/Freezer and all cooking & crockery facilities for 4 people. The railway-carriage style corridor leads to the private Bunk-Room, comprising 2 single beds with luxurious Memory-Foam mattresses, clothes hanging feature and additional storage. The full-size wet-room style Bathroom includes overhead & hand shower heads, full-size basin & under-sink storage, toilet, lighted mirror and includes all towels, shampoos, soaps & toiletries. More information about this delightful dwelling can be found here
Ten most popular posts
- 14 great ways to store your shoes
- 12 great small kitchen designs
- 10 great space-saving beds
- Get some extra mileage out of your sleeping space with these 12 storage beds
- This foldable bicycle camper lets you live comfortably on the road
- Ten great bunk beds for kids
- This micro-camper triples its size in 25 seconds
- You can nearly double the size of the Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper by simply sliding it out
- Ten space-saving desks that work great in small living spaces
- Transforming cabinet with hidden table and chairs from Claudio Sibille