It can be difficult entertaining guests, if you have a small fridge, because you’re often faced with the tough decision: do I want my food or my wine chilled? Enter British inventor Peter Provart. He used to find waiting for bottles of wine to chill in the fridge excruciating. One night, he tried using a sieve with some ice cubes in it and was pretty pleased with the results. And voilà! The idea for Icecap was uncorked. Icecap is a handy chiller that aerates and cools your room-temperature wine to cellar temp in seconds.
Store it in the freezer. Keep Icecap in your freezer to activate the cooling coils within. When you’re ready to serve, it’ll be ready too.
Put it on your glass. Place it on top of almost any glass or cup, then pour wine through its funnel to aerate and cool. Voila!
Chill as you fill. Icecap cools any beverage by up to 10 °C/20 °F in seconds. In addition to wine, try it with beer, spirits, sports drinks, and more.
The Icecap is sold at Quirky. Price: $34.99
For more inspiration from Living in a shoebox join me on Facebook:
Ten most popular posts
- 14 great ways to store your shoes
- 12 great small kitchen designs
- 10 great space-saving beds
- Get some extra mileage out of your sleeping space with these 12 storage beds
- This foldable bicycle camper lets you live comfortably on the road
- Ten great bunk beds for kids
- You can nearly double the size of the Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper by simply sliding it out
- This micro-camper triples its size in 25 seconds
- Ten space-saving desks that work great in small living spaces
- Transforming cabinet with hidden table and chairs from Claudio Sibille