You find this amazing veteran bus from 1976 surrounded by the forest in a quiet part of the Swedish capital, Stockholm. The owners Jon and Stina had great fun renovating and transforming the old bus into a beautiful and comfortable living space. It’s situated by a vibrant vegetarian community “Vita Hästen” (White Horse) which was the inspiration for Lukas Moodysson movie, “Together.” Within walking distance is the lake Kyrksjön and Stockholms oldest building, Bromma church.
It is possible to spend your vacation in the bus, as Jon and Stina rent it out on airbnb.com. The bathroom and kitchen is located in a house just outside the bus and shared with the rest of the community.
Guests staying in the bus say it’s like living in a fairy tale.
Spacious roof top with grill, herbs, lemon tree and sofa. Jon and Stina built the sofa themselves. It’s very comfortable, so you can easily sleep in it
Dining table with community house in background.
The two comfortable sofas in the driver section are made from the original seats.
Light some candles in the evening…
The gorgeous cabinet is handmade.
Domed roof, handmade furniture, comfortable beds.
Hang out on the floor…
For more inspiration from Living in a shoebox join me on Facebook:
Ten most popular posts
- 14 great ways to store your shoes
- 12 great small kitchen designs
- 10 great space-saving beds
- Get some extra mileage out of your sleeping space with these 12 storage beds
- This foldable bicycle camper lets you live comfortably on the road
- Ten great bunk beds for kids
- You can nearly double the size of the Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper by simply sliding it out
- This micro-camper triples its size in 25 seconds
- Ten space-saving desks that work great in small living spaces
- Transforming cabinet with hidden table and chairs from Claudio Sibille