I’m a big fan of the French architect Cyril Rheims, who has specialized in renovating small apartments. He’s great at creating extremely functional living spaces and is not afraid of using lots of colours. His own home is a 485 ft2/ 45 m2 open-concept loft that he shares with his wife Stephanie and daughter Maya.
The architect has created an abundance of storage by placing the bedroom and the bathroom on a platform 31 inches /80 cm above ground.
Cyril Rheims often uses furniture with multiple functions. Like the staircase leading to the bedroom. It consists of simple cubes that also functions as storage and can be used as seating.
For more inspiration from Living in a shoebox join me on Facebook:
Ten most popular posts
- 14 great ways to store your shoes
- 12 great small kitchen designs
- 10 great space-saving beds
- Get some extra mileage out of your sleeping space with these 12 storage beds
- This foldable bicycle camper lets you live comfortably on the road
- Ten great bunk beds for kids
- You can nearly double the size of the Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper by simply sliding it out
- This micro-camper triples its size in 25 seconds
- Ten space-saving desks that work great in small living spaces
- Transforming cabinet with hidden table and chairs from Claudio Sibille