The name Dandelight says it all: it is a little light made from a real dandelion by Studio Drift. Actual dandelion seeds are attached one by one to a LED, creating a light-emitting dandelion growing out of it’s energy source. A little copper stem connects the LED to a battery, which is visibly integrated into the design and not hidden away as usual. Each piece is handmade and therefore different, but they are quite obtainable – as a delightful little night light reminding us of our ongoing evolution.
Dandelions can be found almost anywhere on the earth, from pristine meadows to industrialized area’s – they even flourish on the side of the most heavily trafficked highways. Most adults don’t pay special attention to these flowers; they are generally seen as weeds. However, dandelions are historically prized for their medicinal properties, and who takes the time to look closely will notice the inimitable aesthetic of its parachute ball. The Dandelight is as simple as it is beautiful.
Price: $100. Find it here
Ten most popular posts
- 14 great ways to store your shoes
- 12 great small kitchen designs
- Get some extra mileage out of your sleeping space with these 12 storage beds
- 10 great space-saving beds
- Ten great bunk beds for kids
- This foldable bicycle camper lets you live comfortably on the road
- You can nearly double the size of the Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper by simply sliding it out
- This micro-camper triples its size in 25 seconds
- Ten space-saving desks that work great in small living spaces
- Transforming cabinet with hidden table and chairs from Claudio Sibille