The 259-square-foot / 24-square-meter Zoku lofts, created by the Dutch design company Concrete, set new standards in the intelligent use of space. As living/working hybrids, these hotel rooms can easily be adjusted to become cozy, business-like or something in between.
The elevated sleeping area can be screened off for visitors.
The sleeping area
With Zoku, which is Japanese for family, tribe, or clan, HotelsAhead wanted to create a new category in the hotel industry. A home-office hybrid, also suitable for long stays. Zoku will have the services of a hotel and the social buzz of a thriving neighborhood. The first Zoku is expected to open in Amsterdam in the fall of 2015.
Ten most popular posts
- 14 great ways to store your shoes
- 12 great small kitchen designs
- 10 great space-saving beds
- Get some extra mileage out of your sleeping space with these 12 storage beds
- This foldable bicycle camper lets you live comfortably on the road
- Ten great bunk beds for kids
- You can nearly double the size of the Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper by simply sliding it out
- This micro-camper triples its size in 25 seconds
- Ten space-saving desks that work great in small living spaces
- Transforming cabinet with hidden table and chairs from Claudio Sibille