This lovely studio apartment in Camden, London, has a suspended bed that will make you green with envy. It’s placed under a retractable skylight that leads to a 500-square-foot rooftop garden. Access to the bed and garden is provided by a staircase.
Underneath the bed is an office space. The staircase does double duty as a chalkboard
With a skylight over your bed you can fall asleep under the stars and be woken up by the sun.
The rooftop garden
This suspended bed allows the inhabitants to have more room on the ground floor
The refrigerator and trash bin are placed under the staircase that leads to the bed. Very efficient use of space.
A partition wall separates the kitchen and dining area from the rest of the living space
The half wall by the stairway is used for shoe storage
The apartment is set in a Mews. (A row or street of houses or flats that have been converted from stables)
The London home is managed by jj Locations that hires it out for photographic and film shoots
For more inspiration from Living in a shoebox join me on Facebook:
Ten most popular posts
- 14 great ways to store your shoes
- 12 great small kitchen designs
- 10 great space-saving beds
- Get some extra mileage out of your sleeping space with these 12 storage beds
- This foldable bicycle camper lets you live comfortably on the road
- Ten great bunk beds for kids
- You can nearly double the size of the Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper by simply sliding it out
- This micro-camper triples its size in 25 seconds
- Ten space-saving desks that work great in small living spaces
- Transforming cabinet with hidden table and chairs from Claudio Sibille